Episode 2
<p>Ella Rubeli/The Global Mail</p>

Ella Rubeli/The Global Mail

Lives Apart: Emma Slaytor

As an opera singer, Emma Slaytor sang in Carmen and performed on stage with Joan Sutherland. Then she became a litigator, specialising in medical defence work. Improbably she says her days on stage helped prep her for the court room, with its gowns, wigs and pomp. “There’s a bit of theatre about it,” Emma says.

Lives Apart: Emma Slaytor

by p

Excellent work,
loving the series so far. Well done !

November 7, 2012 @ 10:23pm
by Victoria Roberts

This is wonderful! Quote of the year "I didn't mean to be a lawyer"!!!

November 9, 2012 @ 2:43pm
by Romaine

what a great story!

November 9, 2012 @ 10:50pm
by Jenni, New Zealand

Hi Emma, I loved your story, which of course I know bits of (dire English, sorry M and P)!! I shall fire this off around the world to friends. Wishing you every success wherever life next takes you.

November 10, 2012 @ 10:02am
by Pattie Morgan

Hi Emma, it is lovely to have your story recorded this way, and very encouraging for others who have not found their niche at first but unsure about change. thank you for sharing it.
Pattie

November 10, 2012 @ 3:48pm
by Jeremy Evans, Geneva

This little gem of a video captures some of the essence of what you have achieved to date. It touched and inspired me afresh despite the fact that we have known each other for a long time.

November 10, 2012 @ 6:34pm
by Angela Stoddart, Kent, England

I loved seeing this, Emma. It is natural and amazing. This is a great way to get to know a cousin from across the world. I've not seen you since you were a toddler. I can see both your parents in you. You have lots to be proud of.

November 12, 2012 @ 12:53am
by Jane Lewes

Emma: Petrina forwarded me this little gem - I loved it! No Neal/Slaytor would ever be a "Gunna"!! So long since I heard the phrase - it will now be trotted out to my workshy apprentices! Best wishes, Jane

November 12, 2012 @ 3:05am
by Lenny Burgess

You look good, sound good and you're inspiring while doing it.

November 19, 2012 @ 5:30pm
by Clare Raimondo

I am so proud to have you as a friend Emma, and it has been a privilege to share some of the journey! You are truly an inspiration.

January 15, 2013 @ 9:07am